Wednesday, February 9, 2011

You Don’t Like My Natural Hair…Oh Well

So you meet someone and everything seems to be going fine. Then all of sudden he tells you that he is not feeling your fro. What to do? Personally chunk the deuce. You cannot allow someone to change you because they don't like one thing about you. So you don't like my natural hair and you instead would like me to go back to poisoning my body on a regular basis? So I guess that means we can't be together if that is the deal breaker. In the natural community, there has been buzz about Method Man saying that he could not date a woman who has natural hair because their hair is not "did". My response to that is he doesn't know what it takes to take care of my fro and keep it healthy. So I will say that his ignorance really doesn't bother me at all. If you can't be with someone because of their hair then maybe you are not ready to make a commitment to someone. I am lucky to have a man who loves my natural hair and sometimes I think he loves it more than I do. He is not a fan of my product junkism but I am working on that. Method Man's remarks didn't hurt my feelings. It just lets me know that he does not know what having natural hair is all about. So that is my position and I am sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment