Tuesday, November 23, 2010

30-Something Now

Ok so I am officially 30-something and I don't really know if anything has changed. I did find a few more gray hairs and I know I added a few pounds because of all the cake I ate. There will probably be more of those since Thanksgiving is this week. I have been thinking about something in particular though. Let's see if I can put this into the right words to get my point across. We all have desires, things that we want but we don't always know how to get them. We pray and ask God to give this to us and we know he will provide but it seems like he is not answering that particular prayer. I have been thinking about this for about a week now and I recently had a revelation. If you want the desires of your heart you have to start living like you already have them. If you know an aspect of your life is not compatible with the life you want then you have to take the steps to move forward and not keep the old habits that you know will not fly in the life you desire. I hope this makes sense. I am working on this with my finances and my weight loss goals. Even though I have not actually started practicing this with the weight loss, I am taking notes on what I need to get rid of so I can accomplish my goals. I want to be the best that I can be and I know that I have to make some changes to achieve those goals. So what I am trying to say is please take inventory and be realistic on things that are hindering your progression. Be honest with yourself and know that you have to make changes. So that is what I have been on my mind. I hope this helps someone because it helped me.

1 comment: